Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monsters!

Ever since I first saw an adorable stuffed monster in the window of some fancy store years ago, I've wanted to make my own. This Christmas, I finally decided to do it!

The number of children in our little group of dear friends has recently increased to 2, and I thought little non-scary monsters would be perfect for little Ruby and Reid. Unfortunately, I really struggled when trying to find a cute pattern. I was even willing to pay a decent fee, but there just wasn't much out there. So instead, I fiddled around myself until I came up with these little guys. I may still want to make some changes or adjustments, but I had very little time to throw these babies together, so I'm feeling pretty ok with what I came up with.


Cute, yes?



The pink one is for the two-year-old girl, so I went ahead and put buttons and a girly bow on it. The blue one is for the newborn boy, so the buttons are felt and sewed on super well. No buttons falling off when the baby tries to chew on it!

I didn't get to watch little Ruby open her gift, and Reid didn't seem to interested (admittedly, he's 5 weeks old, so he's not interested in much other than food), but I'm hoping the monsters will be a success. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment